Through Scaling What Works, we support collaboration and knowledge sharing and give grantmakers the tools they need to implement practices that lead to smarter funding techniques and better nonprofit results. In this spirit of collaboration, all Scaling What Works resources are available as free downloads on this site, and we are able to share some of our partners' informative tools, publications and other information sources here as well.
The following list of tools and resources is especially relevant to grantmakers seeking to scale impact by supporting the evidence base, capacity and growth of promising nonprofits.
From Scaling What Works skill-building workshops
- Nonprofit Finance Fund's Glossary of financial terms
- Nonprofit Finance Fund's Guide: Interpreting nonprofit financials and questions for grantee engagement
- Cheat sheet: Calculating liquidity ratios (Excel spreadsheet)
- Workshop tear sheets developed by Innovation Network
- Innovation Network's Capacity and Organizational Readiness for Evaluation (CORE) Tool
- Innovation Network's Theory of Change Assessment: A Cheat Sheet
- Innovation Network's Evaluation Concepts Mindmap
- Innovation Network's Portfolio Evaluation vs. Grant Evaluation Handout
For learning more about the Social Innovation Fund at the Corporation for National and Community Service
- 2010 - 2011 Social Innovation Fund subgrantee locations: Map of subgrantee initiatives being implemented across the U.S.
- 2010-2012 Social Innovation Fund competitions: Snapshot of 20 organizations selected as "intermediary" grantees
- 2011 Social Innovation Fund competition: Applicant profiles
- 2012 Social Innovation Fund competition: Applicant profiles